Staying organized can be challenging when your team post-it note wall must span from coast to coast to coast. Online project management tools can help put your to-do lists in one place and keep your team accountable and on mission. There are a number of project management tools you can download, but a few of our favourites include Trello, Basecamp and Miro.
Trello’s boards, lists, and cards enable you to organize and prioritize your projects in a fun, flexible, and rewarding way.
- Create a Team. Teams make it easy to organize your Trello boards and members in one accessible location - free teams can hold up to 10 open boards at a time.
- A basic board can include the following three lists to help keep you organized: to do, in progress, and complete.
- Add members and due dates to each card as reminders for when things need to move forward and by whom.
- Power-Ups can be used to customize cards, add automation, or get a new perspective on boards with capabilities such as Custom Fields, Card Repeater, Calendar, and more.
Basecamp allows you to break up your work into separate projects. Each project contains everything related to the work at hand; all the people involved, every discussion, every document, file, task, important date, etc.
- Basecamp organizes people by HQ (great for organization wide announcements), teams (for members with similar roles to coordinate with each other), and projects(where members with different roles can come together to work on something).
- Set-up automatic check-ins.
- Use the message board to replace emails.
- Set important dates on a shared schedule.
Miro is the online collaborative whiteboarding platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from brainstorming with digital sticky notes to planning and managing agile workflows.
- Create a new board and add a Frame to it. Each board is endless, and frames act like pages.
- There is no need to start from scratch — just pick a premade Template from Miro’s growing library.
- You can easily navigate the board using Frames, and upload different types of content.
- Use Stickies to write down ideas and tasks like on a real whiteboard.
- To speed things up, you can paste cells from a spreadsheet and each cell will be added as a sticky note or add notes in a bulk mode.
Learn more about project management
- Trello 101
- Trello Templates
- Master the Basecamp Basics
- YouTube | Getting started with Miro
- Miro Templates
Links to third party websites are provided solely for the convenience of our website visitors. We are not responsible for the accuracy, currency or reliability of the content of such websites. The information offered may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question.
Join the conversation on Twitter #MyDigitalJourney #GCDigital #remotework
Joignez-vous à la conversation sur Twitter #MonParcoursNumerique #GCNumerique #télétravail