Everyone is guessing. The skills required for many of today’s jobs are not necessarily those that will be central to tomorrow’s requirements and opportunities.
At the Canada School of Public Service Digital Academy, we all come to work every day because we want to help Public Servants solve the biggest problem we face today in government: how to keep pace with the digital transformation happening around us.
Our mission with Busrides.ca is to broaden and deepen digital literacy. We want to give all public servants a basic and shared conceptualization of a Government of Canada digital lens. We design each episode around short learning objectives on digital topics that appeal to multiple learning styles. These episodes are not intended to develop hard skills, but to recognize the potential application and utility of digital skills in the Government of Canada.
By providing tangible takeaways, Busrides.ca promotes a collaborative learning culture and encourages learners to share their experiences with peers in an informal manner.
At CSPS Digital Academy We also offer a variety of other courses and events to help you along your digital learning journey:
These topics were not chosen by accident. In the fall of 2019, we surveyed nearly 300 public servants to determine how we could provide a unique learning experience that raises digital awareness in the Government of Canada context. The results are a major signal to us about what Public Servant want to know about. View the results here:
Interested in writing or sharing content for busrides.ca?
Pitch us your idea! The best pitches for Busrides:
- Are less than 200 words
- Are relevant to most public servants
- Tie into one of the following themes: Digital Transformation, Data, Cyber Security, Cloud, Agile, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Contains information that can be shared with the Canadian public
- Recommend tools, philosophies or perspectives a person could use to improve themselves, their team or government as a whole
- Clearly indicates if senior management (above the Director level) needs to approve the content before it can be published
Email your pitch to email@example.com, we’ll get back to you regarding your pitch within one week. If your pitch is successful, our team will work with you to develop your proposal into a finished episode.