While email is certainly one way to connect with your team, it definitely isn’t the best option for collaboration. Instead, we suggest that your team explores options like Slack or Microsoft Teams that enable a more seamless approach to collaboration.
Note: Collaboration hubs are best suited for unclassified transitory information and their adoption should consider Government of Canada (GC) Information Management policies.
Slack is a collaboration hub that can replace email to help you and your team work seamlessly together.
- Create a dedicated announcement channel
- Organize your work by channels (e.g., a channel per project)
- Connect the tools you use everyday (e.g., Outlook, GSuite)
- Adopt shared channels (collaborate in/outside your org)
- Post status updates (e.g., on a call, having lunch, etc.)
- Make calls without leaving slack (e.g., integrated options)
Microsoft Teams is a unified communication and collaboration platform that combines persistent workplace chat, video meetings, file storage, and application integration. During COVID-19, the GC is temporarily allowing access to Microsoft 365 tools (including MS Teams) via the cloud or any personal device for unprotected/unclassified information and discussion. Learn more at GCcollaboration.
- Bring all the right people together to quickly access key documents and tools, explore data, and get updates from the apps your teams use every day.
- Avoid searching for documents with built-in access to SharePoint, OneNote and Planner.
- Video calling makes it possible for people to see each other, get a feel for personality and mood, and pick up on nuances and intonations.
- With virtual task lists, your team (or selected members of it) can see lists of all your tasks and their status.
- Slack 101
- Slack Infographic
- Microsoft Teams Video Training
- Managing meetings, conferences, and events with MS Teams
- Quick Reference Guide: TMS Reservation-Free Audio Conferencing Service (Available to users with a GCCollab login)
- Slack 101
- Infographie sur Slack
- GCcollaboration (disponible seulement en anglais)
- Formation vidéo sur Microsoft Teams
- Gérer les réunions, les conférences et les événements avec Microsoft Teams
- Guide de référence rapide: service d’audioconférence sans réservation du SGT (uniquement disponible pour les fonctionnaires fédéraux disposant d'un login GCcollab).
Links to third party websites are provided solely for the convenience of our website visitors. We are not responsible for the accuracy, currency or reliability of the content of such websites. The information offered may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question.
Join the conversation on Twitter #MyDigitalJourney #GCDigital #remotework
Joignez-vous à la conversation sur Twitter #MonParcoursNumerique #GCNumerique #télétravail